Rangerfinder-style to X-T3

Started Sep 10, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jmiller2032
jmiller2032 Forum Member • Posts: 74
Rangerfinder-style to X-T3

Hey all--

Since I've always loved my rangefinder styled Fujis (X100, X100S, X-E1, X-E2, X-Pro2) I wasn't planning on putting in a pre-order for the X-T3 at all, but was really wowed by the reviews stating that there's a generational leap in AF. Plus there's all the other minor things that seem to add up (lower base ISO, all-around video capabilities, diopter lockout, etc). So I put in a preorder for a silver. My only hesitation is that I love having the viewfinder in the corner. To me it's much more comfortable than the center mounted one.

Has anyone else made the switch to the X-T line while having similar misgivings about form factor? It looks like Fuji won't ever put a dedicated ISO dial on the rangefinders, so that's always going to be a major benefit of the X-T line.If I can get over that minor change, I think I'm really going to love it, and hopefully I'll finally be able to skip the next generation of camera bodies.

jmiller2032's gear list:jmiller2032's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +4 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow