Fuji X70 or XF 10?

Started Sep 9, 2018 | Discussions thread
dmaclau Senior Member • Posts: 2,946
Re: Fuji X70 or XF 10?

I tried the XF10 but it didn't work for me.  However I suspect a lot of it is me.  Touch screens seem to hold opportunities for photographers, and perhaps do for some.  One thing to keep in mind is that you always touch the screen, particularly on a small pocketable camera.  Every time I touched the screen it changed things.  My focus point would be in one of the corners, my JPG simulation would be changed, I'd be in M focus and so on.

Disabling the touch screen dramatically reduces the function "button" points and thus changes the nature of the camera.

One other thing, was a major concern.  I at first believed I was getting a slight bit of motion blur but it turned out that the images were very very soft.  This didn't seem to happen all the time surprisingly but it happened often.

I don't know for sure but believe the 18mm lens is different to the X70.

I had high hopes.

I'm looking for a good used GRii that I might try without spending all of my money.

-- hide signature --

absolute power corrupts...absolutely

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow