K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DougOB
DougOB Senior Member • Posts: 1,082
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Barry Pearson wrote:

DougOB wrote:

.... Pentax already has developed lenses that were not compatible with older cameras, e.g., FAJ lenses, DA lenses on older bodies with no aperture control or many (most?) DA lenses on FF bodies, PLM lenses, etc. When the K-01 was released there was discussion of a lens under development where the optics would stick back into the (non-)mirror box...

The discussion here is about old lenses on new bodies, not new lenses on old bodies.

I was reacting specifically to your comment that Pentax should not release new mirrorless mount lenses that are not compatible with DSLR (old or new) bodies.

One thing they could do (and I am sure many will disagree with me) is not do mirrorless FF, but do mirrorless APS where they could emphasize the compact aspect, and have a clear separation between their FF and APS lines. Maybe the K-3ii replacement will be mirrorless

At the moment, Pentax appears to be concentrating mainly on FF. I agree with that decision. The market appears to be moving towards larger sensors, especially towards FF.

Any new-mount needs to be suitable for FF sensors. Otherwise all the development effort would be leading towards a dead-end.

But I've wondered whether the new APS-C flagship should be Pentax's first new-mount mirrorless camera. After all, that is an early hole that Pentax has to fill. Then FF cameras would follow.

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow