6D vs 5Div vs 5Ds R sharpness?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dexter75 Senior Member • Posts: 1,111
6D vs 5Div vs 5Ds R sharpness?

So I have been a professional photographer for 15 years and had plenty of Canon ( as well as other manufacturers) bodies thru the years. I will admit I am not always on top of the technical side of things though, especially in relation to tests on sites like DxO. I currently have a 6D and I shoot JPEG only, the largest size with the best quality. My photos for web use are always resized to 1600x2400 and usually around 2MB each. For print work, they are considerably larger and if its for store displays or really large printing, I pretty much keep it maxed out.

My 6D is 20MP, 5Div is 30 and the 5Ds R is 50. I have also noticed on the DxO website that the lenses I use most like my 85 f/1.8 and 135 f/2 all increase in sharpness and quality considerably when tested on a higher resolution camera like the 5Div and they really shine on the 5Ds R. So my question is, if I move up to the 5Div or I really want the 5Ds R, will my photos look noticeably sharper and cleaner at even the smaller 1600x2400 viewed on computer monitors? Or will the difference only be noticeable at a really large print size?

Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow