K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Skip py Contributing Member • Posts: 844
Re: Summary of "adapters" @ 2018-09-08

Mark Ransom wrote:

There's no point in creating a new mount if it carries the baggage from the old mount. There's no way a new mount would have an AF motor or aperture lever, since modern lenses don't need them and they would be an unnecessary expense in the camera.

Unnecessary ? I guess I misunderstood : you mean that a brand new camera from a company relying on faithful customers with lots of old gems should not autofocus or meter properly ... unless you trash them and buy all new lenses ?

Irix 15mm ? FA* 85mm ? F 135mm ? A* 200mm macro ? F* 250-600mm ? ...

We don't even have replacements for these, and I hope the DFA* 85mm will come soon, but at what cost ? (price, weight, IQ balance)

Considering the price of current Pentax lenses, and their caracteristics, trashing lenses and starting from scratch ... you'd better do it with Nikon, Canon, or Sony considering today's offers and your centers of interest ! At least, that's exactly what I would do.

That would be sad because MILC can bring a lot even with old lenses (I already appreciate it on a IR converted K01), and most customers are replacing lenses one by one, only when needed, following cameras and lenses improvements. Anyway, Pentax can't provide all the lenses we need (and third party isn't going to do it with current protected KAF mount), so we are lucky to find old ones to do the job.

Regards, Fred

Skip py's gear list:Skip py's gear list
Pentax K-3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow