K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders_Nilsson Contributing Member • Posts: 557
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

I also urge Ricoh to give away the mount for free. Then all crafty Chinese could develop smart adapters for all lovely old MF gear.

I would like an adapter for Minolta MF that has a built in focuser that gives AF when coupled with the OSPDAF. And it should have a camera that reads the focal length indication on the lens barrel and sends correct EXIF to the camera  The adapter focuser can take care of telling the camera the focusing distance, especially when paired with a laser AF module from a smartphone.

This could give the Rico MF system a sales boost, Rico has to specialize and try to penetrate the niche markets.

Ricoh should set the mount standard and develop the bodies but let the Chinese develop smart accessories. Also with an open mount standard third party could develop and sell lens correction profiles since the camera serial number is accessible. Sony had similar ideas but never carried through  I really think the Chinese aftermarket industry can be helpful. Lego Mindstorm had a similar approach and it saved Lego. Also astrophotography should continue with Ricoh.

Please call me crazy if you wish.... At least I have dreams.

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow