K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Skip py Contributing Member • Posts: 844
Re: Another adapter variant . . . no motors + focus aid switch

TacticDesigns wrote:

. . . with mirrorless, would it be possible to just let the lens stop down as you turn the aperture dial on the lens.

(For lenses that don't have an aperture dial, a dial on the adapter would let you open up and close down the aperture.)

The camera then takes a light reading on the stopped down lens for exposure calculation. And then just brightens up the EVF or rear screen to make composing possible? Basically a WYSIWYG way of displaying the scene.

To help with manual focusing . . . there could be a lever on the right side of this adapter that you press with your middle finger on your right hand. Sort of like the opposite of a DOF preview button. So when you press this focus aid switch, it opens up the lens so that you can focus with the lens at the shallowest depth of field.

This switch could be locked into position so that you can just concentrate on focusing. And then be release for the actual picture.

But this switch could also be pushed and held to focus, and then just released to take the picture. Locking is an option, not a requirement.

I like the idea. I'll have to think more about it : seems interesting ...

Hey . . . maybe even bring in one for m42 auto lenses? So when you press the focus aid switch it would activate the auto aperture pin of the auto m42 lenses.

... even more if I can use my old K/M/m42 lenses !

Regards, Fred

Skip py's gear list:Skip py's gear list
Pentax K-3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow