All purpose "walk around" lens recommendation for Europe travel

Started Sep 6, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
audiopanik New Member • Posts: 1
All purpose "walk around" lens recommendation for Europe travel

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have seen a few threads on this same topic but I wanted to add some context for the selection of a new lens.

My GF and I will be traveling to Europe in a couple of weeks (Munich, Alsace France, Amsterdam). We purchased the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm II R Lens from Amazon after reading some reviews. Our goal was to have a camera that was flexible and that we could grow into. Neither of us are experienced photographers so I will likely not know all of the terminology that folks use. I did purchase an additional zoom lens (Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens) after reading reviews.

Both the lens that came with the camera and the zoom lens I purchased seem to be great lenses. But it still feels like we need a good "all around lens" so as to need to swap lenses less frequently. I know there isn't a lens that is best for all situations, but after doing some cursory searches there do seem to be lenses that folks recommend that can come close for most situations.

At any rate I am looking for recommendations in the ~$500 range. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to some good photo chats!

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow