Place Your Bets - X-H2 Release Date

Started Sep 6, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FodgeandDurn Forum Member • Posts: 97
Place Your Bets - X-H2 Release Date

So the X-H1 is the Fuji APS-C flagship, but it's specs just got torpedoed by the X-T3.

Many of us held off from the X-H1 because beyond IBIS and video the specs didn't move on from the 2016 X-T2 substantially, and that decision to hold has been largely justified by seeing what Fuji could include in the X-T3 just mere months later.

I suspect there will be a large proportion of X users now thinking that the X-H2 will finally be the camera they wanted from both the X-H1 and X-T3, so there's a clear case for Fuji to release it sooner rather than later.

However, they also have a history of looking after their loyal customers, and if the H2 came out in 2018 they'd anger a LOT of X-H1 users who thought they were buying the X system flagship, and expected it to stay relevant for at least a year.

The tech to build a X-H2 people would buy is clearly there, but how soon can Fuji do it without alienating X-H1 buyers?

If Fuji can be brave I'd like one by the end of the year, but the pessimist in me is saying late 2019, or early 2020, possibly even after an X-Pro 3 and X-E4.

FodgeandDurn's gear list:FodgeandDurn's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +5 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow