Sunwayfoto L-bracket for 6D

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
New_Steve New Member • Posts: 18
Sunwayfoto L-bracket for 6D

A while back I got a Sunwayfoto L-bracket for my T6i. It's a universal bracket and I had to cut a bit off of the left side to clear the battery door, but it fits snugly in every clamp I own (a Haoge and several Neewer, FWIW), as do a couple of Sunwayfoto rails.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 6D and got the Sunwayfoto L-bracket that's specifically intended for the 6D. It fits the camera just fine but slides in every single AS clamp I own. The dovetail is very definitely a slightly different shape than the one on the universal bracket. It has only a very small flat section between the beveled plane and the base, and feels a bit sharp compared to the dovetail on the universal bracket. The short flat results in the dovetail effectively being lower, and therefore narrower in the beveled jaws of the clamp. See the picture below.

I can't imagine any sensible reason for the dovetail to vary from one model of bracket to the next, and think that perhaps it's from a bad run. I've checked with B&H but they've been no help at all so far, other than accepting a return.

Anyone else have multiple models of the Sunwayfoto L-brackets who can comment?

New_Steve's gear list:New_Steve's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel T6i (EOS 750D / Kiss X8i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow