The unsung benefits of a small buffer size

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
chipmaster
chipmaster Senior Member • Posts: 2,823
Re: Non issue

PerL wrote:

scokill wrote:

I shot black and white indoors back in the day when you had a 36 (or 24) exposure roll of film. I promise you that you can more shots and more keepers by a factor of (name almost any number). You lost tons of potential keepers just changing film...LOL!

Then again, you came a long way by just good timing. The shot below was before I got a motor camera.

When I later used motor cameras (Nikon FMs and F3) sports photographers worked with at least two, so you always had film in one camera, while changing in the other. If something happened you just interrupted the loading. Typically I spent 5-8 rolls of Tri-X on a soccer game. You virtually always got a handful shots good enough for publishing.
So, todays demands seems a little silly – you cant get action shots if you cant shoot a series more than 36 frames long? Come on.

It isn't about whether one can get a nice shot or a shot, the issue is that there will lots of other photographers and the one with the best technology could have a edge, what will your edge be?

-- hide signature --

" Today's Pictures Are Tomorrow's Memories "

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Hej
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow