rx100 m1,2,3,4,5,6; RX1r; General Topics. my threads in one place

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rluizsm Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: 9-1-18 update

Hello Elliott,

I’m a new member and have noticed that you have both the M4 and M6 - that I also have!

Let me first congratulate you. It must have been a hell of a job trying to put together all this information! You have done an extensive analysis of the M6 and even before becoming a member, I have read your posts before deciding to buy the M6. It helped a lot!

I'm trying to compare and understand the behavior of both cameras under the same scenario and light conditions.

Following up on my first post, today I took some photos for a simple comparison (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4313948). As I have mentioned down there, under the same scenario and (low) light conditions, the cameras, using the Superior Auto Mode, have made different choices of ISO, aperture and shutter speed.

The M4 has never attempted to use an f / 1.8 aperture. All photos were taken with f / 2.8. The M6 used several apertures, including f / 2.8, 3.5, 4 and 4.5. Most of the photos taken with M4 used ISO 800, only once it used ISO 1000. With the M6, ISO ranged from 800 up to 6400.

One member of the forum mentioned that slight framing differences could explain that. Would you agree? Could there be other reasons?

i'd appreciate your comments! Thanks in advance.

Rluizsm's gear list:Rluizsm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony RX100 IV Sony RX100 VI Apple iPhone X
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow