Is the EOS R IBISless?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bhollis
bhollis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,699
Is the EOS R IBISless?

Still don't know whether the EOS will have IBIS, but the signs aren't looking good IMO.

Canon has always taken the position that lens-based IS is superior to IBIS, the RF 24-105 apparently has IS; and the listed specs to don't include IBIS. Of course, the current listed specs are far from comprehensive, so IBIS might still show up. But I'm not holding my breath.

Personally, I'd really like to see IBIS in the R. The idea of being able to confer IS on my non-stabilized EF lenses is quite appealing. If it turns out that the R is, indeed, IBISless, as I now think it probably will, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about that. It will certainly make me think again about moving over to the Nikon Z to fulfill my mirrorless desires. But every time I think I might move over to Nikon or Sony, my EF lens collection keeps pulling me back!

What do others think about this issue?

bhollis's gear list:bhollis's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sony RX1R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon Z7 Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow