Just got a Canon PRO-100 how best to adjust colors

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mreynolds767
mreynolds767 Senior Member • Posts: 2,540
Just got a Canon PRO-100 how best to adjust colors

First time trying to print nice photos myself rather than pay a lab

Initial impression is that I am blown away by the quality ; as good as any of the professional labs. Ink costs make me hesitant to use it as much as I want to.

However under close inspection I am seeing many of the colors off, everything is too warm, a little too magenta and notice that orange tones run more pink than they should.

I have a calibrated monitor, done via an Xrite colomunki that I try to keep current on a 5K Imac screen.

Have gotten good at having my screen match what a couple of the better labs produce in terms of colors, brightness, etc...

Would like to know the best way I can tweak the printer ; since I don't think the issue is me or my monitor and I don't want to tweak the monitor to match the flawed print.

I also still plan on using the labs for future prints, just wanted the ability to do some printing of my own paper printing up to 13" x 19"

I plan on using Canon paper at least for now and Canon genuine inks always.

I suspect my question is easy but also think there may be multiple ways to do it so asking for way that folks recommend.

When I print at a lab I save a TIF file out of LR usually ; for my printing with the PRO-100 I have been using the LR print module and printing directly from that over wifi.

I apologize in advance that I have not done much of anything on my own trying to adjust; basically plugged the thing in, downloaded a driver since my computer has no CD/DVD drive and printed.

-- hide signature --

online gallery at:
www.MattReynoldsPhotography.com

mreynolds767's gear list:mreynolds767's gear list
Sony a7R II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow