Canon Pro-4000 6.5 months idle

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
man4mopar
man4mopar Regular Member • Posts: 304
Canon Pro-4000 6.5 months idle

So last year I researched printers pretty thoroughly and the big issue was these photo printers are not to be left idle. As I work 6-8 months of the year away from home I decided on the Canon Pro-4000 as it has a replaceable print head because of such.
 I just returned home and the printer was left plugged in while away since mid February till August 26th. August 26th I pressed the power button and it fired up performing a head clean right away. Afterward I printed a nozzle check, head alignment and a color calibration. No issues and printed a 20"x26" canvas that came out great. I fully expected to be purchasing a head and possibly cleaning out lines, thrilled I am instead back to printing instead.
 Not to say this is the norm as this is one experience and my first to boot but thought it worth sharing.

-- hide signature --

Live the dream.

man4mopar's gear list:man4mopar's gear list
Nikon D810 Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow