Sigma will release new APS-C lens this fall, will make more APS-C lenses "if response is good."

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
UncleChip Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: Sigma will release new APS-C lens this fall, will make more APS-C lenses "if response is good."

50mmf1.4 is a great portrait lens, it has to be 1.4 because of the crop factor

16mm f1.4

30mm f1.4

50mm f1.4

if the 50 holds true to form then that’s excellent glass that’s affordable, add  12mm f1.8/2 and an 85mm f1.4 and we are getting there,

i have been seriously thinking about the 55mmf1.8, it’s small and light enough, I can use it on the ff, but it’s a lot of ££ for a 1.8 on a crop, 1.4 on a crop is 2.1 equivalent on a ff, the 55f1.8 is almost a 2.8 so the 50f1.4 is a welcome sight, this sounds picky, but a stop can make a lot of difference at this end of the scale,

we are desperately missing quality longer zooms, give us the 100-400 apsc equivalent,  at least the 70-300 equivalent,

sigma made a 100-300f2.8, it was a beast of a lens, but with teleconverters actually very versatile, now give us that for the apsc

I find the 18-35mm f2.8 to be a strange focal length for photography, not a great cover as a general lens, probably a great video lens, but the 16 and 30 primes are smaller and lighter, or I would go for a more versatile lens like the 17-70 f4

anyhow I am pleased they intend to release more lenses, my a6500 is my travel kit, but as better lenses are now available/becoming available/rumored about I find I am using it more whenever I have to carry kit for any distance,

UncleChip's gear list:UncleChip's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow