Z3200 print quality not holding along length of print?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
confused circle Senior Member • Posts: 1,456
Z3200 print quality not holding along length of print?

Sorry about the cell pics, at the office. I can take some proper pics at home.

EDIT: Wow, DPR really wrecks these. I'll get better images and use another hosting site.

I've been working on this printer for a while, changing the service station, primer assembly, and the mk-red printhead. The last diagnostic image, head alignment, and paper advance alignment seemed to turn out fine. Paper is RR polar matte, 17" roll, just opened up a couple days ago. Selected HP premium matte on the plotter, best quality, more passes. Printed through qimage one, landscape (accidentally), tabloid size, 8x16 image. Image is from an X-T20, 24mp, cropped to 1:2, kept the 6000 px width. This light printing at the end of the print is not in the image, though I'll readily admit it isn't a perfectly clean photo anyway. It appears across the width of the print (8 inches) in the last coupe of inches, but is easiest to see in the sky.

First couple of prints (different image, 8x10) showed white banding starting after about the first two inches of print. Same paper, but I had selected photo matte, and more passes was not checked.

Last few inches, left of the paper, top of image. Upside down relative to the other two.

Middle

Start of print, sky above the excavator boom is also an issue

confused circle's gear list:confused circle's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Alpha a7R II Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +10 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow