Some mirrorless options for Pentax

Started Aug 25, 2018 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,332
Re: Stripped to the bones MILC version of K-1?

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Greyser wrote:

Let's admit that K-01 was not really a flop.

It was. It takes just fine pictures, but did not sell well. Until you lowered the price so much it probably sold with a loss.

That's debatable.

They had plans for at least a lens dedicated to the K-01 - they canceled those plans, likely because how the camera was received. From this regard, this was a flop.

Yet they also made a new batch - the blue edition - for the Asian markets. Even after the price reduction, it was somewhat worth it.

I have the blue one. It is cute and sweet. Actually nice to use. If you accept its shortcomings.

Overall, I consider it a failure as a product (less so as a photographic tool). It's why I believe that just making a mirrorless K-mount isn't enough, there must be something to differentiate it, to make it attractive. Unfortunately, I don't see what it could be.

If DSLR is what they want to make as main branch and not dabble with a MILC system, then they could make special tools that are mirrorless.

One of my favorite one would be a full spectrum camera with replaceable filter pack in the "mirror" box. So - you can easily make it a color camera or an IR camera.

Another one could be a technical camera, e.g used for microscopy and astronomy. Without any Bayer filter.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow