Started Aug 25, 2018 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,204
Re: Some mirrorless options for Pentax

Barry Pearson wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DiffractionLtd wrote:

Barry Pearson wrote:

DiffractionLtd wrote:

Why does this have to be so radical? KEEP the existing Pentax K mount and make a mirrorless camera with a shorter registration distance!!

What lenses would be used with it?

Are you including an adapter with the offering so that existing K-mount lenses can be used?

(If so, you are describing a variant of what I called "Option 3: New mount for mirrorless cameras". Where "New mount" means "simply a shorter registration distance").

Yes, that's it. Making a whole new mount is pointless.

That is a new mount. The K-mount specification includes the registration distance - change that, and you have a different mount.

Yes. I made that point above. It is "Option 3", while copying much of the design and development of the existing K-mount.

Yes it is, I'm just stressing out that it makes no sense to reuse the narrow K-mount (even a full electric version of it) as a basis for a new mount. They'd be making their job much more difficult this way.

Was it the Sigma CEO who said about Sony FE, that it's too narrow so lens design is quite difficult? Nikon knew to avoid this problem.

And few years ago, a Pentax Ricoh official said that if they'd make a mirrorless, they'd want to have a large diameter mount.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow