** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 26 AUG - 01 SEP **

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,513
How Exotic is This? And strange, too

Hello everyone,

The serious photo world is abuzz w/Nikon’s admittedly long and flashy announcement of what seems to be a substantive transition into what we on this forum have known for a long time. Mirrorless is the present and future and the big boys better get on the bandwagon or lose out. I will be curious to see what transpires in the next couple of years since competition in the ~$2K range will be fierce.

However in the meantime we can use our present tech and glass to get some good photos. Last Tuesday I needed to return to the exotic car dealer I bought my TTS from to have an interesting digital rear license plate installed. Also has gps tracking but in the 2+ hours of waiting they gave me a brand new Audi SQX to drive as a loaner…..what does one do in the desert on a 100+ degree day? Well drive around in the A/C and stop where one can. So……first almost across the street was the public library across from the desert observatory.

What can one do with a snapshot? Make it look a little other wordly? That’s what this is. Band W conversion with a little color reversal and a muted effect. Another planet? (All photos taken w/X-T2/16-55/2.8

What can one do with a normal civic center? Another manipulated photo. Not everyone’s cup of tea but the end of the loaner drive:

Back at the exotic car dealer I began with the McLarens:

Moved to the carbon fiber Lamborghinis:

And finished up with some more Aston Martins which I will display next week

Enjoy,

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EMV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow