Some mirrorless options for Pentax

Started Aug 25, 2018 | Discussions thread
flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,898
Re: Some mirrorless options for Pentax

Barry Pearson wrote:

flektogon wrote:

OK., the simplest answer why I would like to have a FF Pentax camera is, that for example my Pentax-A 35-105 lens would be really 35 to 105mm zoom lens, not something like 52-156mm lens. The IQ of my APS-C camera is more than adequate. So, a smaller, cheaper, though only 24Mp FF Pentax DSLR camera is everything what I want.

So you want Ricoh/Pentax to expend significant development resources to release a cheap (low margin) camera so that you can use old lenses that bring in no new revenues to Ricoh/Pentax?

Could you make a plausible business case to Ricoh/Pentax management about why that would be a good return on investment?

Well I, just like you, have expressed my opinion about which way Pentax could go. So, they could try to enter the MILC (with a new lens mount) business, but in my opinion thy don't have any such resources. They could continue with the current DSLR cameras design, and here I suggested something what not only I would be interested in. But very likely they'll select the third option: not to do anything

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow