High speed flash remote

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Piranha215
Piranha215 Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: High speed flash remote

boblug wrote:

I see, that's unfortunate. Could you possibly clamp the edges of the circuit board instead. Of course means a redesign but you have a nice device so its a shame to stop the project.

Could you just leave that section out even?

As for the size it is fine I just wondered if you considered it.

Thank you for acknowledging that this is a nice device. I honestly believe that is has more functionality than anything on the market at the moment. Added to that, I am in a unique position of having no employees, creditors or crowd-funders. I am under no pressure to produce and sell these units, however it would be nice to see my product getting the recognition it deserves. A couple of years ago my wife and I retired to Italy and live a sedate, quiet life here.

Recently I contacted the designer of these sensors and was able to procure some with the original board layout. I had them shipped to the US, and my daughter sent me photographs confirming they are indeed the units that will fit my instrument case. I will be in Colorado in December, for her wedding, and will incorporate them in units I have in my workshop there. There are a few people interesting in buying these units, so I will be able to meet that demand, with lovingly hand-made products. Finding a source for these sensors has been a great relief, and I can now produce them as the need arises. Of course, mass production would introduce economies of scale and make the units less expensive, but then I would have to deal with rejects from faulty production and all the headaches that go with third party involvement. Having spent my career in electronics engineering, I'd rather avoid all that.

Piranha215's gear list:Piranha215's gear list
Sony a6000 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow