Z6/Z7 Battery Life - 310-330 Shots, 10-15 Min Recording Locked

Started Aug 23, 2018 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
caterpillar Veteran Member • Posts: 7,636
Re: Z6/Z7 Battery Life - 310-330 Shots, 10-15 Min Recording

DDBazooka wrote:

The Z6/Z7 looks fantastic, both spec and pricing wise but with two reservations.

Single card slot - I'd assume it would be a problem for the pros, but it's not a big deal to an enthusiast like me.

Agree. Even even amongst some pros, some do not consider this a disadvantage. I'm sure they'll do a dual card slot in the mark ii.

What I think is a bigger problem is the Nikon spec page shows the Z6 will get 310 shots per battery, and the Z7 will get 330. Both will get 10-15 minute of recording time. That I do care about.

I would take that with a grain of salt. CIPA protocols are a bit demanding and may not reflect real world use. the Sony a7-3 is rated at around 750. But experience in the field have shown they last for 4,000-6,000 shots. Even if we get 2,000 shots, that's not going to be bad. As for video, not sure. We can get 2.5-3 hours with the sony fz100.

What do you guys think? No biggie swapping batteries or a deal breaker?

I am more concerned with other things like IBIS performance. Or the limitations with using F mount/adapted lenses. And I don't like the 12fps but no AF tracking. Those 2 function buttons near the mount and grip are going to cause a lot of grief for many. I am sure they are going to be hard to press or use. There's more, but for a first effort, barring major bugs, this is a good first try. Of course, the proof is in the using. So we'll wait for that to see what the caveats are.

-- hide signature --

- Caterpillar
'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

caterpillar's gear list:caterpillar's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
qtu
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow