Safari and camera bags

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP averacpa Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Safari and camera bags

Bob657 wrote:

Andrew, if you want to enjoy your vacation pack as small and light as you can! I’ve been on well over 100 game drives using two bodies, one with a telephoto zoom (currently the 100-400) and one with a shorter zoom (12-60 Leica). All of this goes in one bag, meaning I have a much easier time carrying and keeping track of luggage. If you want to bring other lenses keep them in your carry on luggage.

Hi Bob,

The 100-400 plus the 12-40 is the ideal two camera combo, but not in my present budget as I was going to only get the EM5 MkII.

Been thinking of using only a two camera setup, but in that case, assuming my prime lens is the 40-150 plus TC, should the second camera/lens be the Pany 100-300 or the Oly 12-40? The remaining lens would be kept on the bag, but would require a switch in vehicle.

I could skip the 12-40 and instead use the GX7 with the Oly 9-18 or the Pany 15. That is a small and compact combo easily carried in large vest pocket but not weather sealed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SGA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow