A FRESH RUMOUR TO ADD TO THE STALE ONES!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lelly Regular Member • Posts: 385
A FRESH RUMOUR TO ADD TO THE STALE ONES!

I heard today that a Sony representative, involved in Sony photographic tours, says he is expecting a new Sony camera in mid September. That is THIS September! Many folks have remarked in this forum that the last quarter of this year could be the time for the introduction of, perhaps, an 'A77iii' type camera. In that case, there is not much longer to wait!

I'm getting familiar with my new, used, A77ii bought 2 weeks ago in excellent condition together with a younger 16-80mm lens than I already had, with similar excellent image quality. There has been much discussion on this site about the big differences betwixt the A55, my old photographic pal, and the A77ii and as I wade through, with much pleasure, David Busch's A77ii comprehensive alternative manual, my love for my new camera is growing and growing! Wonderful focus peaking; auto ISO and more flexible ISO control, with better image results than from the A55; faster response; improved AF, even having the option (in DMF) to over-ride the AF with a manual tweak if required; better outdoors protection and other features I have yet to become familiar with.

The camera weight is quite manageable and it even fits in my relatively small bag used for the A55 for 7 years or so. About the only drawback I see is the sometimes frustrating joystick/multi-selector (4-way controller replacement) that has a tendency to easily respond in the 'push' mode when simply trying to use it laterally. Substituting lateral movement by using the two scroll wheels may be easier in some menus.

Right. I'm getting back to my manual.........................

Lelly's gear list:Lelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow