Per a request from a forum member, menus for setting up a TechArt Pro M to E AF adapter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
W3PYF
W3PYF Regular Member • Posts: 435
Per a request from a forum member, menus for setting up a TechArt Pro M to E AF adapter

Forum member "Alophind" requested I upload the menus.

My father had a joke that if you were lost in the woods, you should sit down, take out a flask of gin and a flask of vermouth, and mix yourself a martini. At that point he assured me, someone will magically appear beside you and say, "THAT'S not how you make a martini!" When that happens, ask for directions out of the forest.

Thus, I expect others will see this thread and say, "No, THAT's not how to do it!"

At ay rate, the following screens represent how I set up my A7III for my TechArt Pro.

In this case I will show it for my 35mm Summilux:

First, set the mode dial to "A" (aperture)

I find the TechArt works best in AF-S mode. I prefer the camera to not fire until the shot is in focus.

Turn SteadyShot on...

I don't know if the TechArt is smart enough to automatically adjust SteadyShot for a manual zoom lens. Since I generally use primes, I always set the SteadyShot to Manual. I occasionally shoot my 80-200mm f2.8 Nikkor AFD-ED on my Techart. Since I can dial in the SteadyShot focal length with C3, it's not hard to change steady shot to the focal length I am shooting with the zoom.

After I set the proper EXIF-programming F-stop (F22 for 35mm, F25 for 50mm etc), I shoot one exposure to store the setting in the techArt for the EXIF

Finally, I press on the Fn button to bring up the setting summary:

Hopefully, "Alophind" finds this useful - if s/he or any other forum member wishes more assistance, ask here or ping me with a private message.

W3PYF's gear list:W3PYF's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a7 III Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow