Safari and camera bags

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP averacpa Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Safari and camera bags

I would expect to share the vehicle with other folks including my wife. With one larger bag, my concern would be to be bending over (if not placed next to me on the seat), opening/closing the large bag, and swapping one of 3 camera combos vs leaving one camera combo on my lap or on the seat, if there is any room and worry about damaging the "loose" camera from any jolts/drops while moving about.  There is a lot of variables to consider.

What I was thinking is having each camera/telephoto lens combo in a small holster type bag (Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW II for example for the EM1 with 40-150 TC) for transport in the vehicle where with one quick zip, open the back and pullout the camera ready to shoot.  I could probably carry two of these bags and my Domke F5 bag with the smaller third camera/wide angle lens combo and spare batteries.

I am still trying to work out the handling logistics giving  the possibility of cramp vehicle space, weather, vehicle types and not wanting to switch lenses in the field. My wife will most likely not be holding any equipment (does not work well from past experiences) and will be just using binoculars.

Maybe I am over thinking this, but having been on many "tours or excursions" unless you are on your own or have hired a private guide, things get complicated.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SGA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow