Damaged the focus screen on my Canon T5i - how to fix?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kujen New Member • Posts: 14
Damaged the focus screen on my Canon T5i - how to fix?

Unfortunately I've damaged the focus screen in my Canon T5i. There was a lot of dust on it and the mirror and I did something stupid - I tried to get the dust off with a microfiber cloth.

I don't know if I just knocked it out of place a little or actually scratched off the little focus points. But when I look through the viewfinder, only the top AF point is a sharp dot. The ones on the sides are blurry red, and the bottom ones are so faint you can't really see them.

Is this something I can fix myself? How? I don't know how to remove or reseat the screen.

Also, do you think this actually hurts the ability of the camera to focus? The photos don't seem more out of focus to me, but I've never been totally happy with my photos to begin with.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow