Capability of the Q

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
Capability of the Q

I know We had a few of these threads lately where people question the Q and whether its still a viable option in 2018 etc. And i went from Fuji with both X100F and the XT-2 and have again and again witnessed the capability of the Q in many different situations.

Like recently i was a wedding photographer at a wedding for a friend and i almost did not pack my Q as my main cameras were the Nikon D4and Df. I thought it might complicate things and wanted to use the less is more approach and would get by with only those and like 3 lenses. However i thought i could really have a use for the q at the dinner and between the ceremony and dance etc and in hindsight i am so Happy i brought it after all.

The dinner was Held in a barn and the only real light was coming through a few windows across the whole of the barn. Lets just say the shooting conditions were horrible and i realized there was going to be a majority of boring flash pictures . Also the ceiling was covered with White curtains something that would throw my flash all over and made for really wierd flash looking pictures. So i used my Q mainly there and another photographer that sat next to me marveled at the capability of turning What We thought almost imopssible conditions into pretty atmospheric usable dinner party pictures .

Now i know these are nothing special But i just wanted to share my enthusiasm and also when you compare it to 2 such great cameras as the Nikons i brought and still if it was not for the Q i would have some less than great looking shots from that evening . Then i also used the Q in many other areas of the wedding like when they prepared etc. its just simply so versatile even though it has a prime lens. Love itβ€οΈπŸ‘πŸŒΉπŸ˜

Spot the photographer !

So for those doubting the Q i can say its still a camera you can depend on in many situations, and if i had ONLY the Q i would be very Happy as well.

/Martin

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Leica X1 Nikon D4 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow