Panasonic GX80 GX85 video question for clueless

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
baxtergx80 New Member • Posts: 4
Panasonic GX80 GX85 video question for clueless

Ok here goes, im really hoping someone can help me out a bit, complete amateur when it comes to photography.

I got the Panasonic GX80 for 4k 30 fps video only, it came with the kit lens 12-32 and im using it for tripod/static nature clips. Ive hacked the pal camera to run at 30fps and also installed the cinelike D profile.

I´ve set the camera up on the C setting, bought a bunch of ND filers and I went out to record the other morning with mixed results.

Im looking for wide shots with as much as possible in focus,

so i set the camera to 12mm

F5.6 (as the lens says this is the recommended maximum?)

1/60 shutter speed

auto white balance

and as close to ISO 200 as possible.

Autofocus (id click screen to make sure it focused in as best as I could tell on the screen the id click the focus lock.

I was filming in morning light at about 10am, in a pine forest so not masses of light. seems I didn´t need the ND filter at the time and at ISO 200 the image still looked dark, so I bumped it up to 400 and 800.

The results are somewhat grainy and unsharp.

So what I am I doing wrong? Do i need more light? Should I shoot at iso 200 and bump up in post? Wrong lens? Wrong f stop?

Please help, I have no clue. Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow