D FA 50 On Its Way

Started Aug 16, 2018 | Discussions thread
Nivedita Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Re: Do not buy Camera or Lenses from Amazon

candgpics wrote:

Nivedita: I try to tune out any bias or unfairness towards Pentax from Dpreview. Dpreview is so gear and "bell and whistle" centered that it misses or minimizes the unique and perhaps more retro features of Pentax such as build quality, water and dust resistance, astrotracer, etc. Having said that, I do wish Pentax had a full frame with a deeper buffer and quicker afc autofocus. A couple/few additional frames per second would be nice, too. Alas, we cannot have everything for less than $2k USD.

As to Amazon, I wish its shipping dept packed fragile equipment better, but we have had nothing less than stellar customer service from Amazon and we do buy from Amazon frequently.

As to B&H, a great store and I often order from B&H, too.

I understand the great customer service at Amazon. Same is true for B&H and Adorama. A couple of times, I had some minor issues and both Adorama and B&H went above and beyond to address them in an absolutely satisfactory levels - Please be aware that I have no other relationships with B&H or Adorama.

The reason why I said to avoid the camera purchase from Amazon is to show some protest against blatant unfairness from DPREVIEW against Pentax. The Editor(s) even go in details by giving some counter arguments etc. At the end of the day money only matters and even if it is a small drop in a bucket, it is a way to show the protest. I understand your perspective and I appreciate that as well.

I have seen many comments recently that Amazon sends the packages (especially lenses) without adequate protection. I too had a few items (not lenses) that are delivered without proper padding in the packaging boxes by Amazon.

Nivedita's gear list:Nivedita's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Phase One Capture One Pro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow