Ergonomics question

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SafariBob
SafariBob Regular Member • Posts: 486
Re: Ergonomics question

segrad1 wrote:

Good afternoon my fellow photographers. A quick question for those willing to respond. I have been shooting with a Canon T6 for the past two years. I'm going to upgrade to Panasonic G9

Not sure that’s an upgrade

and I was also going to initially add a Sony A7RII or A7III. However I do NOT like the feel of the Sony cameras. They are very small in my rather large hands and I just don't like the feel. I KNOW the Sony cameras are GREAT cameras but I want my camera to feel comfortable in my hand.

Maybe wait to see what Nikon comes up with? It all depends how you shoot I think, with longer lenses and longer holding it becomes more important. Personally I would not sacrifice 75% of the sensor area for “feel”.

They BEST feeling camera I've ever felt in my hands is the Olympus M1 Mark II. The only reason I'm getting the Lumix G9 is because I feel it and the Oly M II are basically the same except teheG9 is newer.

My question is as an aspiring photographer, am I wrong in going with a camera that is FAR superior than my current camera strictly for the feel of it?

not sure what you mean.

I want to provide the best quality photos possible and I'm wondering am I being lazy or not professional for not using a camera that is better simply because I don't like the feel?

i think most things in life involve some compromises

Thank you in advance for the responses and enjoy your evenings good people😊

Will do!

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow