More accolades for the Canon 6D II...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
stevedavidsonphotography Senior Member • Posts: 1,372
Re: Just...

Mako2011 wrote:

stevedavidsonphotography wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

stevedavidsonphotography wrote:

Because Canon raw files have become so advanced I don't they are sharing the info with anyone about raw conversion in 2018.

That is not the case.

That is what I think. The reason I think that is because the manual says to use DPP. If they shared their info with Adobe why would DPP be needed at all ?

Just letting you know that isn't the case. Canon still works with Adobe and why ACR often updates pretty fast for a new Canon body when it comes out....not the case with some other manufactures.

DPP keeps becoming more advanced.

So does ACR....and at a much greater pace. Doesn't mean DPP isn't a fine tool as well (I personally prefer it's initial simple conversion results). I suspect though, that ACR leads in terms of preferred conversion tool (what most end up using),

Lightroom removes data when converting a raw file to JPEG that DPP saves.

I don't think Lightroom knows how to read and understand and save all the metadata in Canon raw files ?

Some of it concerns DLO and that is Canon top secret tech ?

stevedavidsonphotography's gear list:stevedavidsonphotography's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
RVJ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow