Ergonomics question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
segrad1
segrad1 Regular Member • Posts: 107
Ergonomics question

Good afternoon my fellow photographers. A quick question for those willing to respond. I have been shooting with a Canon T6 for the past two years. I'm going to upgrade to Panasonic G9 and I was also going to initially add a Sony A7RII or A7III. However I do NOT like the feel of the Sony cameras. They are very small in my rather large hands and I just don't like the feel. I KNOW the Sony cameras are GREAT cameras but I want my camera to feel comfortable in my hand. They BEST feeling camera I've ever felt in my hands is the Olympus M1 Mark II. The only reason I'm getting the Lumix G9 is because I feel it and the Oly M II are basically the same except teheG9 is newer.

My question is as an aspiring photographer, am I wrong in going with a camera that is FAR superior than my current camera strictly for the feel of it? I want to provide the best quality photos possible and I'm wondering am I being lazy or not professional for not using a camera that is better simply because I don't like the feel?

Thank you in advance for the responses and enjoy your evenings good people😊

Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D) Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow