Istanbul trip (many photos)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrWu
DrWu Regular Member • Posts: 445
Istanbul trip (many photos)

Last November I went to Istanbul for the first time in my life. It was one of those cities that I had always dreamed of visiting one day. And seeing Ara Güler´s amazing photos from the Istanbul of the 50-70´s just made my travel fever worse. I suppose on photography fora he does not need introduction, but if you don´t know his work yet the Google will come to help.

The trip turned out to be fantastic. I enjoyed every moment of it expect one half of a day which I spent lying almost dead in my apartment after having enjoyed something that my stomach apparently didn´t quite like.

I plan to go there again maybe next year and can say that Istanbul is one of those cities everybody should visit at least once.

But here are the photos. I had with me only Pen-F and lenses Zuiko 12-40mm f2.8, Lumix 35-100mm f2.8, Zuiko 17mm f1.8, Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f0.95 and Zuiko 75mm f1.8, but of course I didn´t carry the whole arsenal with me all the time.

Pekka

Golden Horn Sunrise

View from Suleimanye Camii

Zeyrek Camii

Young Turks

Morning By The Golden Horn

Gone Fishing

Going Fishing

Morning In A Café

My Neighbourhood

A Moment Just Before Sunrise

Halic Metro Bridge 1

Halic Metro Bridge 2

Halic Metro Bridge 3

Halic Metro Bridge 4

Somewhere in Fatih

Fatih Camii

Backyard Scene in Fatih or Zeyrek

Straycat in Galata

I´ll Have One, Please.

With A Pinch Of Sugar

Back alleys of Galata

Going Home

Crossing The Bosphorus

A Lighthouse On the Edge of Asia

DrWu's gear list:DrWu's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100F Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow