Anyone gone to xt20 from m4/3?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 5,620
Re: Anyone gone to xt20 from m4/3?

kangarooinoz wrote:

Hey guys,

Thinking of making the switch from my Olympus em5ii and 12-40 to an xt20.

In doing so I'd hopefully shave off a few hundred grams and possibly raise the IQ a bit too.

Has anyone made the switch to Fuji from m4/3? Curious to hear if you're happy with the move.

Cheers

I switched from m43 to Fuji twice, first time xtrans(x-pro2/xt2/xt20) I tried them all over the space of 18months or so and never again would I touch xtrans. Initially you see a reduction in noise but then the reality of poor compatibility with Lr/acr and all of the work around start to come home. The xpro2 was a wonderful photographic experience but the evf was nothing great, despite the specs, the lack of touch screen and non tilt screen made me move to the xt2 on release, again also without touchscreen but now it at least tilted meant on the release of the x-t20 I jumped on that, the size felt very small to me and still the it issues persisted, the weird softening in Lr/acr with landscape the crunchy blacks/contrast all the time. In the end I retreated back to m43 and there Inwas ,very happy until out of the blue care what is probably one of the best cameras money can buy, the x-t100, now sporting a pass dial instead of the dedicated shutter speed dial and honestly for someone used to m43 the is is of the scale. Get the 18-55 2.8-4 for an major is lift over the em5 ii, and get the x-t100 with the almost bargain lens 15-45, which is tiny but super sharp. It will fill the void of the 12mm of the 12-40 and also offer you a super compact option too when you want to travail very light. The x-t100 is totally compatible with Lr/acr does not suffer the green cast/ crunchy contrast of xtrans and has great dr too, honestly it is in another league to my g9 with 12-60 2.8-4. Even if you want to dip your toe into Fuji this is the way to go, the x-t100 is phenomenal bargain and easily matches anything else available at almost any price point incl FF and even MF.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-T100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow