missing the V1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Veteran Member • Posts: 8,866
missing the V1

Hello,

I had a V1 (which I bought new for 400 EUR with 10-30 and 30-110: a bargain).

Sold it and bought a J5 (for 250 EUR, brand new, with 10-30 PD: another bargain).

I was so impressed by the J5 image quality and user's interface, that I sold the V1. The J5 sensor is much better than the one of the V1, we all know that. And the "F" button and the touch screen make changing settings very easy.

Having the 6.7-13 and 10-100 non PD, I'm facing any situation when travelling (I don't shoot wildlife).

But I miss the V1. The lack of a VF on the J5 changes the way I compose my photos, particularly in portrait mode, where I 'm unable to use the LCD at waist level.

With the J5, it's more like "mmm…this framing should be fine", instead of "this is the framing I want".

We all know how incredible a V4 would have been.

I still don't understand why no manufacturer wants to make an interchangeable lens system based on a '1' sensor.

Maybe I'll buy a V1 again. But I won't do the same mistake as "shadowlands" : I won't sell the J5!

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Nikon 1 J5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow