Three weeks of learning photography - what would you do?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP j_eldritch Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Three weeks of learning photography - what would you do?

NowHearThis wrote:

j_eldritch wrote:

I've got some down time at the moment between jobs. I'm new to photography but I've been getting very into it recently, so I'm going to spend the time learning. I plan on treating it like a 9-5 day for the most part (though I've got a couple of other creative projects on the go too).

What would you recommend me, a complete beginner, to do for three weeks to progress my photography as much as possible?

I was thinking of doing an online course like this or getting and following an introductory book (this is about what my budget stretches to). However, I'd love to hear recommendations from some more experienced photographers. What do you wish you had done right at the start? Is there a course, book or exercise you'd recommend?

If you do not have a job lined up that you will be starting soon, then put all your energy into finding one. That should be your 9-5 job until you have one.

If you do have a job that will be starting soon, I would focus on getting ready for that new job and trying to get ahead where possible.

Later on... I would recommend you look at ways to improve your composition. Also understanding lighting is extremely important and that would be the next thing to learn.

Ha, I'm good thanks, I'm moving continent and have enough money in my back pocket to not have to bear the stress of searching for something from abroad. Much better to do it once I get there.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow