The price of software we use for PP

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 4,902
The price of software we use for PP

I have noticed quite often that we seriously discuss the price of some software  and carefully meditate if subscription model is better or not.

At the moment i' m using  Capture One as my "serious" software. Subscription is OK for me.  I thought it was a bit expensive ...

I also have Picktorial and of course Apples own software  in my iMac.  Also Affinity is waiting for  some practice and  work book reading

Then i realised how much  i have put money in this hobby during last 12 years.  Price of software is and has been insignificant - and the quality of the software we use is much more important than just one new lens , that we do not even use that often ...

Is it so important if some software costs 110€ and the other 10€/ month ?

Should we take the quality of software more seriously than the resolution of some lens - or the size of the sensor ? I'm thinking of the pictures we produce - and the final quality of some image. Usually it is impossible to see if some image is taken with a FF camera or APS-C sensor.  And that "difference" is discussed ad nauseam...

And there is also one  serious  problem  - software is often so difficult to use...

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and the new 80D are my favourites - also 6D for landscapes and some portraits.

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow