FZ1000: is $67 a good price for 5-yr SquareTrade extended warranty w/ accidental damage protection?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan Monroe Forum Member • Posts: 65
FZ1000: is $67 a good price for 5-yr SquareTrade extended warranty w/ accidental damage protection?

I was browsing Amazon and saw the 5-year SquareTrade camera extended warranty with accidental protection protection for just $67.   It was about $150 when I bought my FZ1000 from Amazon.com(shipped & sold by Amazon, NOT 3rd party) last month.   Since I'm still within 30 days, I decided to buy the 5-year plan.

I figured it was probably a sale price on the SquareTrade plan... so I decided to buy it first and come here to ask questions later.

Since Panasonic is already offering 3-year extended warranty for the FZ1000 and most Panasonic cameras anyway, does it make sense to spend $67 to buy the SquareTrade 5-year plan?  I mainly want it for the accidental protection, which the Panasonic warranty doesn't cover.

Thanks!

Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow