OTG Card Readers, Second Slot for Social Media Use - Best Practices?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NiferJones New Member • Posts: 1
OTG Card Readers, Second Slot for Social Media Use - Best Practices?

I have an idea, and I am hoping that someone will be able to provide me with some advice or insight on whether it is a good one or not.

I have a Nikon D7100 and I am thinking of getting a SD Card Reader that can plug into my computer to transfer my RAW files over (Card Slot 1), as well as plug into my Android phone for quick OTG uploading to Social Media (Card Slot 2).

This is where I am looking for advice. I was thinking of using card slot 1 for my RAW and card slot 2 as JPEG - operating on the assumption that JPEGs would be easier to edit and upload to say, the instagram. Is this assumption correct? Or am I out to lunch and RAW would be fine to transfer and upload? Am I able to transfer the photos directly from the card to my photos album, or will it require an app (say, lightroom mobile) to do? Anyone out there have experience with this?

Last question, this seems too good to be true compared to the other SD card readers I have been looking at:

https://www.startech.com/ca/HDD/Card-Readers/USB-Card-Readers/usb-c-card-reader~SDMSDRWU3AC

It's only $22, seems to have everything I want. What is my ignorance preventing me from considering?

Thanks in advance everyone. Appreciate any and all help.

-Jenni

ANSWER:
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow