What percent of your photos exist only on a hard drive?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bluehighwayman Regular Member • Posts: 444
What percent of your photos exist only on a hard drive?

After reading posts on cameras, lenses, monitors, computers, software, etc I got to wondering just what percentage of one's photos actually see the light of day.  Out of the thousands of photos a person takes in a single year with that $5000 USD plus worth of equipment how many get off that hard drive?  This would include exhibits, prints for the home or friends, photos for the web (although I don't know why this would require anything other than a cellphone),  photos for stock photo companies, or any other purpose that would get those photos out in the world.

If you're like me a very small percentage of the photos ever make it off the hard drive.  This revelation came about as I was holding a Sony A7RIII thinking about how to sell the not so old camera and lenses for this new FF marvel!  Then of course there is the conversation with my significant other to rationalize spending 4K on new equipment.  So I've come to the conclusion that buying new wouldn't improve the percentage of photos getting off my hard drive and have resolved that the not so old photo equipment is sufficient for my purposes.  I still want the Sony but perhaps 'the wanting is greater than the having'.

So the original question:

What percent of your photos exist only on the hard drive?

(If this is a subject that has been beaten to death in other posts I apologize.  However I did do a search before posting and didn't find any.)

bluehighwayman's gear list:bluehighwayman's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow