Anyone gone to xt20 from m4/3?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
NoosaPete
NoosaPete Regular Member • Posts: 293
Re: Anyone gone to xt20 from m4/3?

Well, not gone but added. Yes, I have just purchased an X-T20 with the 18-55mm and 27mm lens. I also own a GX85 and G85 which, at least for the time being, I will still use.

I have just returned from a couple of days in Hervey Bay where I left the Panasonics at home and only used the Fuji.

These are my early impressions:

Pros.

• much less noise even at high iso.
  • lovely colours
  • better overall IQ

Cons.

• not quite as comfortable to hold (may just be less familiar.)
  • no IBIS - pity!
  • more complicated to use (but again I think that this will improve with experience.)

I have taken all photos in RAW plus JPEG but have to say that the JPEGS are so good that even after processing the RAW images there is not a huge difference.

I set the camera to auto for my wife to take a photo of me. It was outstanding (the image, not the subject!!)

So, early days yet but am happy with the purchase. Time will tell whether I make a complete switch over but I suspect not until/unless Fuji bring out a mid range camera with IBIS.

Good luck with your decision.

NoosaPete's gear list:NoosaPete's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow