m43 user looking over the fence for action photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nick779 Regular Member • Posts: 230
m43 user looking over the fence for action photography

To make a long story short, I purchased an EM1 Mark 2 and upgraded from a cheap zoom to the "Pro" 40-150 + TC a few weeks ago and the C-AF doesnt seem to be doing to job. Out of multiple 10-20 shot bursts, im lucky to have 2-4 tack sharp shots, a good chunk of soft shots and around 50% rejected.

I have no idea if its me or the camera, im still testing a few things, but I can still return my EM1 for another 10 days. Im debating if what I have is worth the frustration for 40% of my shooting, or if I should return it, sell my long lenses and pick up a D500 + Sigma 100-400

One thing I am completely confused on is what focus points are available with which lenses. I found a help article explaining bits and pieces, but from what I understand, the Sigma will only have the center group since its not and AF-S lens and slower than F4, but the AF-S 17-55 will have use of all of them?

nick779's gear list:nick779's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow