Show us your editing technique!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jamesdgessel Regular Member • Posts: 150
Show us your editing technique!

While I feel as though I am walking on ice for some reason posting this, I thought it may be fun to post a RAW picture and see how many different editing styles we can get. I've never seen this type of post before and am wondering if there is some reason, such as copyright or people not wanting to share editing secrets... anyways I thought this would be very interesting to many of us not concerned about such things!

I just got back from Iceland and shot a pano of Kirkjufell and have been messing around a lot with PP. I was using the canon 17-40 adapted to the a7iii. I have come up with countless different versions of the same photo edited and I wanted to see what you guys would do with this photo! It has a lot of different colors and features that are fun to play around with... so lets see what we can get! (many will probably critique my technique, and while you are welcome to do so, that isn't the main purpose of this thread.)

The RAW file is uploaded to the google drive link below, feel free to download and manipulate in any way you can imagine. When you are finished, upload it back here and let us know:

-Which program(s) you used to edit

-Your relative level of experience

-Anything else you want to let us know? Struggles editing? Time spent? Etc.

Cheers!

James

P.S. There is another file that may also be fun to play around with that is not a panorama, so if there are problems with my stitching job or you don't want a 135mb file, that is there as well.

*****LINK BELOW*******

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HwavXAVKqiejF8AYBvv99k4xVZJJOQfW?usp=sharing

jamesdgessel's gear list:jamesdgessel's gear list
Sony a7 III Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow