How will technology affect your creativity?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarshallG
MarshallG Veteran Member • Posts: 6,302
How will technology affect your creativity?

As photography technology improves, it becomes ever-easier to take high-quality photographs. A photographer who wants his or her work to stand out must continue to work hard and use the new technology in creative ways. In the near-future, technologies will be able to correct focus, automatically blur backgrounds, remove obstructions, correct lighting errors, and so forth.

Serious photographers face new challenges: How to use the technology to create images which stand out?

My approach has been to attempt what the impressionist artists did with the advent of the camera: Seeing that painting perfectly realistic portraits was a business which the camera was destroying, they chose to paint what a camera, and the eyes, could not see. I try to achieve this in my photographs as well. It doesn’t always work; it’s not consistently achievable for me, but when it does work out, I’m very happy.

Has anyone else considered this?

This is a photo that I’m happy with... I should adjust his skin tone a bit, but I achieved my goal of capturing the moment without using any effects besides the lens.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow