RX10 mk4 - still loving it but

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Veteran Member • Posts: 9,290
RX10 mk4 - still loving it but

I've done a lot more shooting with this remarkable camera (still having to work one-handed as my damaged shoulder is slow to repair) and am really enjoying the ease of use and the results but, as with all new relationships I'm beginning to find a few niggles and I wondered "is it me"

Does anyone else find its very difficult to remove the SD card (I've got slightly arthritic fingers and really struggle to get hold of the card, let alone get it out) Something to do with the size and geometry of the door cover?). I know its possible to download from the camera but often I want to be downloading one card whilst shooting with a fresh one.

The other "niggle" is the shape of the thumb and hand grip, 90%+ ideal but the top lip pressed on my upper finger and I find the rear thumb grip a bit hard.

Its not bad if that's all I can find that niggles me though

one of our local kestrels at extreme distance (under-exposed)

after a large crop (next frame, nicer pose )

a pair of Whitethroat

spotted

just a few of this year's fledglings from a large mob, most still with their grey caps

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RM3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow