Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III or Fuji X-T20 as my first mirrorless camera?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kalnet
Kalnet New Member • Posts: 2
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III or Fuji X-T20 as my first mirrorless camera?

Hi guys! I would like to ask which camera should I buy as my first mirrorless camera? The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III or the Fuji X-T20?

The last time I used a camera was the Canon 450D which was 10 years ago. I only recently got back into cameras late last year because I've been shooting videos with my smartphone and I wanted to make some nice video with it as well as take some nice photos as the same time.

So far, 2 cameras caught my eye and their price are similar. They are also quite lighhtweight with the X-T20 being slightly heavier than the EM10 Mark III but nevertheless, they are both quite easy to carry around. I will list them down below to what most stores are offering in my country at the moment:

Both of them are priced around 760USD

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III:-

14-42mm EZ Lens, 40-150mmR Lens, Extra Battery, Camera Bag, 32gb SD Card

Fujifilm X-T20:-

15-45mm lens, 32GB SD CARD, Extra Battery, and Camera Pouch

-- hide signature --

I will most likely be shooting videos and I prefer to have 4K video option just in case. I won't be doing any of those color grading that much but I might in the long run. I will also be taking pics in JPEG most of the time but I might learn to use RAW in the future as I am learning.

I have watched and read both reviews of these 2 cameras and I can tell the Fuji X-T20 seems like a nice lasting choice with the better sensor with 24MP, but the Olympus EM10 Mark III has the IBIS. I will be shooting videos in handheld because I don't want to bring any tripod or any stabilizer. I'm not sure if the lens IS is enough for handheld with the X-T20 in the long run.

I have tried out the Panasonic GX85 (which is around the same price unfortunately) a few times but I can't seem to grasp the EVF that much and I had to work extra hard to look into it as I am using glasses as well. I had no problems with the EVF from the 2 cameras.

I do know that Fuji lenses are limited and micro four thirds has a bunch but I got no knowledge on lenses at the moment.

-------

That is about it for now. I have been leaning towards the X-T20 for weeks now but the EM10 Mark III seems more of a suitable first camera to buy after not using one after 10 years. I will be bringing out daily to take some street photography and shoot some videos. I won't be doing any vlogging as I will only be doing scenery video shots and edit some travel video memories as I go by.

I can show you guys the pictures that I've taken earlier this year with the Canon 450D when I got interested in cameras again - https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalnet/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow