Lets talk about Canon M50's Dynamic Range

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Miguel-C
Miguel-C Regular Member • Posts: 362
Lets talk about Canon M50's Dynamic Range

Hello, right now im at a cross roads trying to find my next stills camera. I travel a lot and im considering a fuji XT100 and a Canon M50 for street and landscape photography.

The canon appeals to me due to its great selection of lenses, however after much research i've been left worried about its IQ, specially in challenging light. The photo's i come across are grainy, lack contrast and are often over exposed. So the rational side of me says "those are a reflection of the photographer, not the camera", but the emotional side of me (the side that will make the decision in the end) tells me perhaps a bit more research is needed.

The M50 has the latest camera processor, so its supposed to produce better images in low light (up to 6400 iso) and recover better detail in shadows. Is that the case though? Should i be looking at this camera as a starters camera or can its sensor be utilized for more serious photography?

any feedback will be welcome, i dont have a lot of money to spend on a camera so i have to make this count

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow