To upgrade or not : A6300 vs A6000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sarit
sarit Regular Member • Posts: 275
To upgrade or not : A6300 vs A6000

Before I begin, I have searched the forum and gone through a dozen of threads which discuss the same dilemma but I am still uncertain.

I have a 5+ year old NEX 5R which still takes nice photographs. However, I do feel sometimes the lack of resolution, especially when using the Sigma 19. The sensor also keeps gathering dust particles because of changing lenses frequently and sometimes, I do feel a bit frustrated to change the lenses and let the moment gone. I've been contemplating to get the A6000/A6300 as my primary body and use the NEX 5R set with the lagacies / telephoto and use the new body exclusively for wide angles as I mostly shoot landscapes.

I am going on a 2.5 weeks Norway trip in the fall and going to buy the Samyang 12mm for ultra wide landscapes and Northern lights, so figured I'd pull the trigger soon if I have too.

Now, the cameras - where I live at the moment, I have to buy the body+kit, not taking the kit lens (which I already have btw) shaves off like 30$ so not much of a difference. The A6300 kit costs ~900$ and the A6000 costs ~600$. I am not concerned about the AF performance, only IQ, low light and useable features. As far as I gathered, A6300 advantages are slightly better EVF, bit better high ISO, better AF and better weather sealing.

Are the A6300 advantages worth for my use ? Or should the A6000 be sufficient for me ? Or I should spend my money on more primes (Sigma 16 or 30 f1.4 ). The current lenses I have are listed below I think.

sarit's gear list:sarit's gear list
NEX5R Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow